Saturday, August 27, 2011

The end of August :(

Well, it's official. Today is our last day of summer. Last night Riley and I didn't really have any plans so I asked him what he wanted to do on our last weekend before school. He said, "be lazy". And that is exactly what we did! We made deli sandwiches for dinner to prevent heating up our apartment (which by the way is RIDICULOUSLY hot). Then we played "are you smarter than a 5th grader" that I got from a Wendy's happy meal a long time ago. Then we got a Redbox, watched it and went to bed. Yep we are that lame.

So, on the last day of summer... oh I might cry. I don't want school to start! I don't know what's wrong with me. I have very little excitement to return to classes. I love campus, I love that Riley and Andrea have moved into their dorms, I love that we have like 16 Bradshaws at BYU this year, I love that I got a new job, I love that  fall means football season and that our apartment will cool down. BUT, I don't love that when we are in school we can't go camping, go on random trips, rafting, cabining, long walks on summer nights, have freedom in the evening, and read the books I want to! Oh and Fall means Winter is just around the corner. I hate Winter. How can I get myself excited for school? We've got our books, a new backback, a few new clothing items, new pens and pencils. This is usually what I get all excited about! I have always loved going back to school.... oh well, school starts on Monday whether I like it or not! Bummer.

Anyway, lots has happened lately! Riley and Andrea have moved down! We love having them here. Then I got a new job! I've been wanting to leave UVU for a while now and have been looking since the beginning of August. Then, after several interviews and no luck, I struck gold! I applied online for this job at LDS Philanthropies, half our later they called to set an interview up for that afternoon! My interview lasted almost an hour and then about a half hour after I left they called to offer the job! I really am so excited. I started the job yesterday. I am a assistant for the Planned Giving team. I actually work for the church, not BYU, which is awesome because everyone is so nice! Anyway,when any donation is made to the church other than tithing and Fast offerings, LDS Phil decides how to use it. Planned Giving means people who put the Church or more specifically one of the church schools (BYU, BYUI, Hawaii and LDSBusiness College) in their will, or set up a trust. So there are several Lawyers and financial consultants on the team who meet with people to set this up. I will be involved mostly with sending our invitations to annual lunches for each school/society, welcome packages, jewelry, and stuff like that. I will also be sending sympathy cards to the family when someone passes away. It's amazing what people donate to the church! Lots and lots of money.

1 comment:

  1. So I saw your blog on Monica's list and decided to blog-stalk you. Go private now - I dare you. Did you decide to leave UVU around December? Because it's not nearly as fun when I'm not there? And I'm glad that game from Wendy's is still alive and well, saving people from boredom one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete