Friday, January 13, 2012

Then came Christmas

We've got a lot to recap on! Let's see... Since I last posted a lot has happened.  We celebrated Christmas, which I managed to only get a few pictures of.  But it was wonderful. Riley and I were spoiled by both families. We even got to talk to Katelyn (serving in South Carolina) Matt&Stacy (in Arizona-but I guess Idaho on Christmas day) and Brad/Mandy/Jane/Annie (Kansas). It was so nice to be with everyone! We spent Christmas Eve/Morning at the Wilsons where we played many many games and finished the night off by sleeping outside.  Don't ask me why I even tried because I only got a few hours of sleep.  I came inside at 5:30 am.  It wasn't completely miserable but I can say I will NEVER do that again.

The week following Christmas was spent with family doing fun things!  With the Wilson's we tried to go to the Copper Mines, played games, went downtown and other things that I can't remember.  Everyone was there this year and we had lots of fun!  Later in the week hung out at the Serafine's with Graham.  He is the cutest!  We went to "we bought a zoo" and had some delicious food! It was so pleasant to spend time around everyone!  On New Year's Eve my mom and I went shopping. I only spent ten dollars but got running shorts, a nike shirt, and two things from banana republic. It was truly a lovely shopping day!  We went to Zupa's (yyyyumm) with the Wilson kids and rang in the new year with a new game "Smurfing" and Dick Clarke (poor guy).

Overall it was great! We really enjoyed ourselves. As nice as the holidays were, it was good to come home and get organized for the new semester.  Which has already been very busy. Looks like I have three papers due next week. Ouch. We have a lot to look forward to! In a few weeks we go to St. George to see Brad/Mandy/Jane/Annie and Claire (who will be blessed).  In February is Riley's birthday. March is Kate's one year mark on the mission. In April we will have been married for an entire year (wow!) Life is good. Happy New Year!

Here are the pictures (I'll have more once Erin emails me some!)
 I'm really not sure what I'm doing, but Riley is opening the ipad. Which, by the way, we LOVE! It has been a welcome addition to our apartment.  Words with friends, GE Shuffle, solitaire, iBooks and Tomb Runner are all awesome. In addition to the real reasons we bought it, of course!
And a random picture of LouJean and Merrill!

2 comments:

  1. Whoopsie. About e-mailing you those pictures.... We haven't even gotten them off the camera yet. But I'm on it... soon!

    And yes, poor, poor Dick CLark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas break sounded like a lot of fun!! AND you guys got an Ipad! I've been hooked on words with friends...so let's play! :)

    ReplyDelete