Monday, July 30, 2012

Things to come



Well, here he is.  This picture was scanned in and isn't the greatest quality, but hey, isn't he cute?  I didn't realize this before but there are lots of things to look forward to with boys.  Sports and potty humor for example. There are also things I am not looking forward to, like scouts and being urinated on.  All in all, it should be a good experience.  Despite the lack of selection, there are some pretty cute boy clothes out there. Most of them have a Nike swoosh on them.  Which is totally fine with me.

Needless to say, Riley and I are just so excited to have this kid.  I hear Riley was a really good boy growing up.  I think the absolute worst thing he did was throw headless barbies at the ceiling fan.  I hope he's like Riley.

In other news, we are leaving on our trip to New York/Baltimore/DC on Wednesday.  This is a trip we can NOT wait to take.  We are so excited to see Justin, Erin, Bennett and baby Elsie!  We, however, are NOT excited to see how my car sickness/nausea does on the airplane.

Today is Katelyn's birthday, and even though she will not be reading this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  She is such a cool missionary.

School starts all too soon.  You may remember my hesitant-ness to start school last fall.  I can assure you that this year is not any better.  Even though it will be my last semester of school. ever. AND a diploma and new baby will be the reward.  I just hate when summer ends. It is so so sad.  Nearly breaks my heart.. My list of summer activities has not been completed.

The Olympics are awesome.  We are completely hooked.

2 comments:

  1. We can't wait to see you guys, either! Elsie is smiling so much and starting to occasionally squawk. It is too cute. And I don't think that Bennett has even owned one piece of clothing with a nike swoosh.... there are plenty of cute boy clothes, for sure, you are right! I have loved having a boy! And I haven't even been peed on yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you don't look forward to scouts haha we just got called as scout leaders so even with girls you don't get to avoid that. Your trip sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete