Thursday, August 1, 2013

it's weird to look at old pictures

I just loaded the pictures of the past month from my camera onto my computer.  Those experiences seem like they happened a LONG time ago, not two weeks ago.  But they did happen, so I'll tell you about them.
Our last little while in Utah was great- we did some fun things!  Bradshaw family reunion, birthday parties (ok, just one, and it was for me!), delicious home cooked food compliments of gma Lorin, many rounds of buzzword per request of Dad, and a couple trips to the splash pad. Sadly I don't have a single picture of those things! BUT, I have pictures of other fun things, as well as our adventures across America.

We had a girls night finale- pedicures and cafe rio. followed by waxing :)




It's not a girls night without Happy, right?


Earlier in the summer we attempted the hike up to Silver Lake (the upper lake) and turned back early. Determined to do it, we woke up early the day before departure.  We were the first people on the trail, except a couple of horses, and it was BEAUTIFUL. The hike was so fun, benson slept most of the hike up, we saw a hawk, and enjoyed the beautiful views. Did I mention that it was beautiful? 




On the drive down the canyon we saw this moose and her baby :) 


Our first stop was Kansas. We drove all the way there in one day. Riley is an excellent long distance driver. Mom even stepped it up.  I entertained benson for a lot of that day.  We left at 3 am.  It was a long day... 



 Annie and Benson were wearing minnie and mickie shirts, but I guess Annie changed...

 


We spent two days in Kansas, mostly lounging and playing and eating delicious food. The next day we took off and started driving, unsure of where we would stop for the night.  We drove through st louis and stopped for lunch! Riley had never seen the arch, I did when I was 6, but don't remember it very well.  It was neat to see- I wish we could have stayed longer. But we had places to go! That was our only historical stop. We should have made it a day longer and made another cool stop.  



We stopped in Huntington, West Virginia that night. I don't even remember how many hours we traveled on day 2. Too many. We were all done. Kelli helped us book a hotel- the outside was a bit scary. But luckily the room was nice. The man who checked us in was high. Very high. This is for you mom, "You got to push the middle in hard, like, it's crazy. *hiccup*"

The last day of driving was 6 hours but it felt like 40. Nevertheless, we pulled up to our apartment around 2 pm. Took a look around, loved it, and headed out to get our stuff.  We had used a u-box.  Everything arrived safely and mostly in one piece.  Only a few things had scratches. Not a single dish broke! Here is a sneak peak of our apartment.  It doesn't look that different from the one in provo, so I'll post more, better ones soon.  We love this apartment. Seriously, it has 5 closets. FIVE. And a deck, and big windows, and a dish washer.  Life is good.  


Before mom left (which we aren't allowed to talk about or I'll probably cry), we spent a day in the district. The district of columbia that is.  Which is a 20 minute drive from our apartment to penn avenue. (crazy), but before we got there we at dunkin donuts. mmmm.  We visited the museum of american history- realllly cool.  Then walked to a few memorials: Korean, saw Lincoln, and WWII, then we ate at Shake shack- a new favorite. Then we took her to the airport.  Then I spent the rest of the night in my pajamas and ate ice cream.

Mom was such a trooper on this trip! We seriously couldn't have done it without her. WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you all got there safe. 5 closets--what are you going to do with all that space?? My friend Elise knows a lot of super fun things to in the DC area--I will have her tell you all about it! Apparently there is tons of free stuff. You are going to have a great few years here! And then COME BACK!!!

    ReplyDelete