They flew in late Tuesday night. That was a long day of waiting! I got to pick them up from the airport. It was so fun to see my sister again! On Wednesday we took the metro downtown and checked out the spy museum (we won't discuss the govt shutdown and how every single thing in DC is run by the fed, so nothing was open). It was pretty neat. We also ate lunch at the Shake Shack- a personal favorite. Though I will say, very few places downtown accommodate strollers. The spy museum doesn't allow them but they provided baby carriers. Benson weighs 22 pounds. So yea, that was fun. I have no pictures of this day :(
On Thursday we drove downtown to drive by the memorials. It rained the entire time they were here so they didn't get the normal DC visit, but they will next time, right guys? Then we went to Eastern Market and ate our lunches and then checked out this cool bookstore. It is unreal! A man turned his rowhome into a bookstore and there are books everywhere. Behold:
It made me nervous thinking how unorganized, yet organized it was- if that makes sense! The last picture is the bathroom- where the foreign language books are kept. It was nuts.
Benson and Hadley took a bath. They splashed each other until their hearts were content!
We already miss them and can't wait to see them again!!
Those bath pictures are so cute! Especially the one where Benson is grabbing Hadley's legs. Can't wait to do DC again and see you guys. I got some good pics of the first day and of them on the couch together.
ReplyDeleteWoah, Benson is getting BIG. Kelli, please please start your own blog!
ReplyDeleteNicole, I did. I just never post anything. jakeandkellibrandon.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete