Thursday, November 14, 2013

No more monkey's jumping on the bed

This post is going to be a bunch of random things. I apologize. Let's go back in time to three weeks ago, my mom was on a flight to Maryland, actually she was on a layover in NC when she got a call from me.  Benson had been playing in the dining room and had face planted- causing large crocodile tears and a lot of screaming.  His nose was bleeding (no visible cuts) and immediately the bridge of his nose was bruised. I didn't know what to do! Do I take him to the hospital? Apparently the answer is no. Baby's can't break their nose I guess.  After some tylenol he was as good as new. Except the bruises that lingered under his eyes and across his nose.
My mom finally landed and we went to pick her up! Man, was she a sight for sore eyes.  I had been so excited to see her that I hadn't really prepared anything for us to do.  We quickly made plans and the next day found ourselves at the National Zoo.


Aren't they cute?

We had a nice day, the weather was PERFECT. The trees were changing and it was crisp. Oh so nice.  The next day we went downtown and ate delicious food at "We the pizza".  Delicious. Really. Then we found the Old Post Office Pavilion which was extremely disappointing, especially for mom.  So we ditched it and explored the American history museum- which was fascinating.  Benson was a champ! He loves riding around and seeing new things. 

We found the first car that mom owned! It was pretty cute.

On Thursday we went to the Powell's in Delaware- which I already posted about.  They were so kind and served us some amazing french dip sandwiches. Mmmmmm.

On Friday- poor little Benson woke up so ill.  He had developed a runny nose during the week but he woke up completely delirious.  Thank heavens mom was there to help.  He had never been sick before and we just didn't know what to do! it was a rough few days for benson.  He has never cuddled so much in his life- which I must say was very nice.  He has since forgotten those ways. 

We were still able to do a few more fun things.  Mom pushed Riley and I out the door for a date. A mucho needed date. We went to Union Station for dinner and explored the stamp museum.
Cute, right?

Then Benson started feeling better:
Poor guy refused to eat or drink anything for days. The next week he was diagnosed with a double ear infection.  I think he is started to feel much better now. 

Before all of this even happened we bought this chair off craigslist. we LOVE it. twenty dollars!


A few days after mom left (she doesn't know this but I cried), the wilson's came! Brandon, Chelsie, Kalen and Jenell all flew out to celebrate an early Christmas.  It was really fun to have almost everyone together.  Surprisingly none of them or the children were injured. I would call that successful. I only took three pictures the whole weekend- pathetic. 

So this is what happens when I let Kalen push the stroller.
 

On the last day we went to the Dulles Air and Space museum. It was massive and had lots of planes. This is Benson in front of a space shuttle!


Benson and Elsie. Cute.

Last story. yesterday at the park benson fell and cut the inside of his upper lip. I so wish I had become a nurse- it would be so helpful in scenarios like this. It was bleeding a lot, which I know is not uncommon, but we couldn't get it to stop. After a quick (LONG) trip to the ER we learned that they could do nothing.  Something that every mother got the memo on, except me. Someone should write a book on this stuff. Since then benson has reopened the cut twice, pulled a fan on himself and fallen countless times. I guess blood will be frequent in my future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment