Saturday, June 13, 2015

Colonial Williamsburg

I can't believe I haven't posted about this.  Mom and Dad came out in March (three whole months ago...) and we went down to Williamsburg, Virginia for the week. Oh and what a week it was! These pictures just don't do it justice.  We spent the entire week learning so many interesting things, swimming, and enjoying the lovely, three bedroom, colonial style condo.  Benson was an absolute gem the entire time. Slept like a champ, loved swimming, being with "Crama and Pahka", and having plenty of attention.
Becca and Greg joined us for a few nights, and showed us the ferry- and what a fun ride that was :)

I don't have very many pictures- I need to work on that.  But maybe that is proof that we were having too much fun!  The weather was pretty good- very cold, but not rainy on the days we were sight seeing. So we got to see everything that we wanted!

Historic Jamestown overlooks the James river


The second church built at the fort.

This model showed where all the original structures were located.  We caught a tour, by chance, and it was awesome.  We would have been pretty confused without it!  











Colonial Williamsburg- the Capitol building. 
During our big day downtown we had tea with George Washington, saw many trades- brick mason, basket weaving, shoe making, gun making,.... I can't even remember them all. There were many.



Benson at the head of the party table.



The courtroom






In front of the Governor's Palace, where Dad got scolded for touching a sword by the, not so nice, tour guide.  She was also pretty annoyed with Benson. It was at the end of the day and he was pretty "done", but still pretty well behaved.






This picture doesn't represent Benson's attitude on this trip. He was a trooper.

I guess we did something to deserve humiliation...


It really was such a fun trip.  Lots of funny memories and we learned SO much that we didn't know. I just wish I could remember all of those things, and tell you about them now. I guess you will just have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment