One day, well actually yesterday, Riley and I were at a computer lab working away on some assignments. A fellow a few computers away was on the phone. Ordinarily this would have been fine, but I think the information he disclosed was a little... much. He was talking to his bank and requested that a debit card be sent to him because about 2 months ago his card was stolen and used a lot. I guess a couple weeks ago he had requested a replacement card but it was sent to the wrong address, so now he was requesting another. He proceeded to give the banker and everyone in the computer lab all of his personal information including his full name, date of birth, last 4 digits of his social, current address, bank account number, how much money was in his account and the last time he used the card. We felt so bad and really wanted to interrupt his conversation and tell him that the reason his card was stolen a couple months ago was because he was so loose-lipped about his information! Fortunately at the end of his conversation the guy next to him leaned over and talked to him. We assumed it was regarding the fact that his conversation should have taken place at home or something. I hope it was, at least.
Maybe being at BYU had something to do with it....
Some people are so oblivious haha
ReplyDelete