Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November? Really?

I have only 8 more class periods of statistics and like 6 of New Testament. Finals are just around the corner.  I'm pretty sure this is the best part of the semester.  We've made it past the part where the newness and excitement has worn off and it seemed like school would never end.  We are now just looking forward to Thanksgiving (which is next week, crazy) and the two weeks of class, finals and then.....3 weeks of no school!!! And CHRISTMAS! Does it get much better than that? I highly doubt it. Except for summer of course. Nevertheless, I am feeling very excited for the season.

I am not a winter person, but this year I figured I would be better off dressing for the weather and being prepared, which I hope will make it less miserable.  Riley and I walk pretty much everywhere.  To school, to work, to church, to the mailbox. We do lots and lots of walking.  So, instead of paying for gas... I stocked up on warm clothes!  I am the proud owner of really comfortable flat boots that will keep my feet dry and warm. They can even be worn with both black and brown. Handy things.  Since I wear a skirt to work each day I bought several pairs of tights/ stockings etc.  I pulled out my trusty puffy coat and am all ready to go.  Before daylight savings the mornings were freezing, but now they aren't so bad.  Now the evenings are bad. Walking home in the dark after a long day can be rough.  Anyway, I'm ready for the really cold weather and who knows, maybe all of these clothes will come in handy someday when we go to Russia.  One day.

I may or may not disappear from the world for the next several weeks. We've got to finish midterms (which end the week before finals. gah)  and finish papers/ projects and then take on finals. Then we can celebrate the season.  I can hardly wait!
Have a happy thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you,trying not to hate winter weather by dressing warm. It's a big step for this California girl!

    ReplyDelete