Florida was so so so much fun. This is how it went.
Saturday evening Kate, Riley, Benson and I landed in Florida. Matt, Stacy, Graham and Mason landed shortly before us so we met up in the airport and waited for rental cars and Dad. Once Dad landed we were on our way to a fancy hotel! It had a bellhop. After a short 15 minutes accidental detour we made it there.
On Sunday we headed to church. We went to the stake center right by the Orlando temple. Then we ate lunch on the temple grounds and enjoyed the beautiful weather!
After a missed connection and some airport drama Mother finally made it to join the fun. We woke up Monday and enjoyed the day at the resort. It was lovely there. We were so relaxed I didn't even take pictures. It was a chill day in preparation for a busy day at Disneyworld.
Fun, right?
Things to remember:
-Jungle Cruise:
"If you are wearing white, don't do anything marble like, cause these are hungry, hungry hippo's"
-The Laugh Floor:
Samantha, "I do not know who that is"
-Matt dropped "something" on the ground.
The next day Riley, Benson and I went to Downtown Disney- which was pretty cool. Highlights included:
A cool dino restaurant and shop
a lego store!
and Ghiradelli's! We enjoyed a heavenly hot fudge sundae.
On Thursday we went to Islands of Adventures!
First stop, Harry Potter world.
While wandering around the castle, Riley apparated. We are lucky I got a picture to prove it!
At a show. It turned out to be pretty lllaaaammmmeee.
Kate's sassy face.
We got beyond soaking wet on the rides there. It was SOOO worth it, huh mom?
These boys became good buddies. They were the most well behaved children I've ever seen at a theme park. They made traveling with children seem too easy!
Highlights:
-front row of the hulk
-front row of the dragon ride
-getting stuck for 20 minutes on the castle ride with a dementor in my face
Last stop..... The Beach! It was well worth the drive. We spent the afternoon relaxing and soaking up the sun! Benson LOVED the water. He loves any water I guess because the salt didn't bother him one bit.
Mason's got to be the cutest kid.... I couldn't get enough of him!
Saturday we made the long journey home. Benson slept for most of the flight. Suddenly we were home and back to real life! But I guess real life is good!
Things I won't miss about Florida:
-The water. Nasty.
-The toll roads (which Riley explained to me why they have them, it makes sense but it is so irritating!)
-The incessant fear of crocodile attacks.
Was the Harry Potter world awesome? I want to go there :)
ReplyDeletewhat a fun trip! we need to convince brad that traveling with kids is easy. he has banned us traveling anywhere! it doesn't help that we have a travel curse though. anyway, those boys are so cute in their matching disney shirts. harry potter world looks so fun. the beach their looks super amazing. i am glad you had a fun trip and that benson did so well traveling. he sure is getting big! we haven't seen him since he was brand new!
ReplyDeleteSo i haven't been reading blogs lately! A little busy maybe? BUT! I just loved your comment that Benson's tooth is sharp as a dagger! Baby teeth are ridiculously sharp!!! I was amazed when Bennett cut his first. All I could think was no wonder he was so cranky. Elsie is cutting two new ones right now. Boooooo. SEE YOU GUYS SOOOO SOON!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete