Thursday, June 27, 2013

the last week in provo

It is extremely hard to believe that we move tomorrow.  It is the beginning of an chapter that many people tell us will be the best years of our lives.  I hope they are right!  Provo has been good to us.  Our ward has been wonderful- we got to know many many great people, our neighbors have been awesome, and, even though  we are itching to leave this puny, holeintheground apartment, we can't help but get sentimental.  My mom said that there is just something special about the first place you live together.  She is right.  We love this place- even though the bed is four feet off the ground (try getting on it 9 months pregnant.), the kitchen faucet water temperatures are backwards, the extremely hot nights (did I mention it is in the basement? underground shouldn't be 80 degrees at night), the door that slams and wakes up babies, the oven that cooks everything in half the time, the kitchen table that serves as my nightstand and the window ledge that is Riley's.  We'll miss it.... but maybe not that much.   

One (of the many) thing both Riley and I will legitimately and overwhelmingly miss is this:
Not just the Y, and campus, but THE MOUNTAINS. We love them and we will cry when we get to Kansas and there are none.  Would you believe me if I said I took the above picture with my phone which is ancient? Impressive.

I can't write about the other things (mom, dad, kate, kelli, jake, hadley, jenell, kalen) because. well. then there will be tears.  So I'll post some random pictures of our cute baby.
Guess who doesn't get swaddled anymore? This was a random nap- fell asleep while playing so I removed the toys and laid a blanket on him. 

Hadley thinks she is too cool for Benson in the back seat.  She doesn't know what she's missing...

Just because everyone should adore how chunky he is. 

Our last date in provo- to the temple brick oven. all you can eat pizza.  

He must have been real tired. (huh kelli?)





2 comments:

  1. real tired.

    and its a shame we didn't get any pictures of the escalator. that was the funniest thing that's happened since you've been in provo no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those babies are so cute. kind of sad post! sorry your time in provo has come to an end. we have great memories of our provo years. don't cry when you get to kansas! we have wheat...sunflowers...and cows. it gets very flat in colorado before you ever get to kansas. it makes visiting utah even MORE fun to see all those beautiful mountains.

    ReplyDelete