I spend a lot of time with Benson. but it never gets old! He is full of surprises. It is so fun to see all of the things he is learning. He smiles a LOT and makes the cutest squeals. I absolutely love being his mom.
Here are a few of Benson's favorite things to do:
Naptime
After he naps he will just sit in his crib, usually smiling at the elephant mobile. I fully expected him to still be asleep when I went into the front room, but I just found him starting up above, all wrapped up tight.
Occasionally Benson falls asleep when we go outside to get the mail. He slept like this for a good hour or so. The angle of the picture makes it look more uncomfortable than it was...
This was right before bedtime and he just couldn't stay awake!
Time with Dad
Every day by Five I am ready for a small break. Perfect timing because that is when Riley comes home! Benson adores Riley. They do lots of fun things together, like tummy time,
hiking in Snow canyon (near St. George)
More tummy time (cutest picture, right?)
Shoulder rides
Time on the floor
Benson loves hanging out on the ground. I'm not sure what it is, but if someone is holding him and he starts to get fussy we put him on the ground and he is suddenly content! Most of the time. He kicks his legs so much that I can leave the room for a moment and when I come back he is completely turned around.
I like this picture because he looks like he is watching a really intense game on TV.
Tummy Time
Benson hates laying on his stomach. He does ok for a minute or two but after that he does this really sad, frustrated cry. But he is getting better!
Sometimes though, he falls asleep instead...
(he moved his legs up under his stomach, but the legs of his pj's stayed there... haha
He was holding onto his toy and then fell asleep...
Visit friends/family
Because we live so close to people we get to see a lot of friends and family! Last week we went to visit Nicole and her new baby Jack. It was crazy to see a new baby and think that Benson was that small just a few weeks ago. He is well over 12 pounds now! Jack was darling and we had a fun time!
Vacation!
Over President's Day weekend we took a trip to St. George with Merrill and LouJean. We had a nice time! It was so warm. I wish I lived there. We wandered around snow canyon a bit and happened upon this really cool arch and giant rock that looks like a fish head. Benson was great in his carrier-slept the whole time! 
Benson's other favorite things, not pictured:
-pooping
-watching Downton Abbey
-primary presidency meetings
-Hanging out with mom, ALL DAY!
We really do have a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment