Saturday, June 11, 2011

Project antique!

So for a few days we've been on the lookout for a cute shelf/storage thing for out front room. Our entertainment stand is chuck full of stuff and it will only get worse once school starts and we have cartloads of books. On our way to a downeast tent sale we saw this huge yard sale in a rite aid parking lot. We stopped because we saw some shelves. We picked up this little gem for $7 :) We thought it would fit in our car, but we couldn't get it to work. Thank goodness Kelli lives so close to where we were at and had the car! We borrowed their truck and ran it home. Oh and by the way, the lady at the yard sale was nuts. Like, seriously insane. But she gave us a deal!
We are planning on doing either a creamy white or a lighter blue to match our curtains and pillows. We want to do an antique look on it, but from the youtube videos it looks pretty complex! But I think we'll give it a shot. Wish us luck! Here is a before picture:

2 comments:

  1. Antiquing (the cheater way) isn't too hard. I have a friend who gave a tutorial on it... hmmm where is it?... I can't find it anymore. But she just rubbed glaze over the parts that she wanted antiqued. I also have a friend who just rubs stain over the parts she wants antiqued too. I've done it before and it's mega simple. That shelf is amazing. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog Allison!! You and your hubby look so happy married!!! So happy for you!!
    love, hannah jane

    ReplyDelete