Usually my evenings without Riley are uneventful but occasionally they are very very... wild. One such occasion was Wednesday. While eating dinner I decided I would post the Galant on KSL at a higher price than we were expecting, just for kicks. I didn't put any pictures and mentioned it would need a new engine thinking we wouldn't ever get a call. About 20 second after I pressed 'post' the phone rang and it was a couple wanting to drive over to West Jordan (where the car was at-riley's parents house) and buy the car. I frantically called Riley's mom so she knew someone was coming over! After 30 minutes, a whirlwind of phone calls and some last minute negotiationg it was driven away from the Wilson's. The buyers were in quite the rush, and LouJean and I suspect that they were on their way to buy another car in need of repairs. We think they make a living on buying beat up cars, driving them down to Las Vegas where they have some cheap mechanic do labor and then turn around and sell them to make a profit. Not my kind of stable living, but I guess it works for these two! Before he left with the car he quickly helped LouJean clean out the car (we hadn't even done that yet...) and basically rip off the license plates. He didn't even test drive the car, just revved it a bit...
Nonetheless, the car is gone and there was a touch of sadness as I sat on the couch alone thinking about it :( I think the drive to California and back, the drive that killed the car, was my all time favorite and well worth the price we are paying for it now. I think Riley and I have concluded that flying is a much better idea...
No comments:
Post a Comment