Hello everyone! This is my first blog post on my very own blog. I feel very grown up. I hope to use this blog to document the happenings in our lives. We just got married and life is really exciting right now, but I fear there really isn't much to talk about... hopefully I can capture some pictures that will show what goes on and then make it sound remotely interesting for our dear readers (if we have any).
I guess we'll start with who we are... Riley and I just got married on April 23, 2011 in the Oquirrh Mountain temple. We just moved into an apartment south of BYU and our bed is in our kitchen. We are proud to have inherited a mattress from my great grandmother that was made in the 1930's. The previous tenants of this apt were Garrett and Nicole Barber (my cousins), who have graciously given us plenty of advice about this interesting and unique place. So far everything has gone well except a minor electricity problem, that we think we have figured out! I will hold out on posting pictures because not everything is unpacked and I don't have a quilt on the bed... as soon as we make our final returns are set up the tv I will gladly post pictures. I know you are all dying to see them.
After we got married, Riley and I drove my car down to California for a cruise and then back. The next day it wouldn't start. After having it towed to a nearby mechanic we found out it was the timing belt that broke. Which, by the way, I had replaced exactly one year ago. They are supposed to last around 100,000 miles...... Anyway, we are now sharing Riley's car until the other is repaired. I can't complain about Riley driving me to and from work, he's always on time and there is someone to talk to. Our conversations are always pretty funny in the morning.
Oh man, now I can't say my bed is in my kitchen!
ReplyDelete